Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Introducing: Aya Nakanishi!


~About me~
Name: Aya, Papaya, NOT Montana. I think Japadeles should come up with a nickname for me, since that seems to be a special talent they have. :)
Birthday: July 14th, 1987 (Bastille day!)
Blood type: A
Home: Indiana aka corn state
School: UPenn '09, double major in Psychology and Hispanic Studies

I'm a second generation Japanese-American; both of my parents are from Osaka and all my relatives still live there. Every Saturday of my childhood was spent in Japanese school, so thankfully, I can read/write/speak Japanese fluently. I was born and raised in a small town in the great Midwest, where the people are always nicer. :) yay for farmer's markets and running into everyone you know at the supermarket!

Studying abroad in Seville, Spain in Spring '08! Yay for cultural exchange. I'll come back and teach y'all flamenco or something. ha.

@ JASC
Secretary; I mean Head of Verbal Transactions
Publications
Recruitment
MT site
RT: Minority Issues: From Social Discrimination to Social Contribution

Loves:
JASCers
Chocolate (major sweet tooth)
Bakeries
Fresh baked bread
Sticky rice
okay, so food in general
My dog
sleeeeeeep and dreams, yay
Korean dramas
long conversations
crunchy leaves in the fall
warm hats in the winter

Why JASC?
...Why not?

Why wouldn't I want to experience the most intense summer of my life all over again? Why wouldn't I want to see my dear Japadeles again, and meet other amazing people like them? Why not engage in meaningful, eye-opening conversations? Why not challenge yourself? Why not provoke others to do the same? Why give up the chance to have so much fun?

1 comment:

Hidemi said...

great photo! I think everyone would agree, but you have a really sweet smile- Let's go Montana!!!